Re: [DMCForum] That darn water return pipe

Re: [DMCForum] That darn water return pipe

This was noted on my site for the hose replacment.  I have pictures of the pipe utterly destroyed by rust.  It was the original plan to use silicon hose instead of the new pipe.  Time and parts for the job did not allow and I got my hands on a good used pipe to last the next few years.

http://retroserver.no-ip.com/delorean/whatlurksbeneath.html

jordan
11613

Enid/Jeremiah <hispanicangeleyes@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
You know that water return pipe (part # 102482) that lies underneath your intake manifold and Y-shaped water pipe?  Well, if your engine was neglected before you bought your car, and you're doing a thorough engine restoration (like me right now) after 23 years of neglect like mine, your pipe has probably rusted through.  I thought if anyone else was in this unique predicament, you'd probably like to know that Rob Grady and John Hervey both sell kits to fix this problem.  You can get an idea on how it looks at http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/New-Delorean-Products.html.  In all fairness to Rob because I will state right here that I support both of these gentlemen, I could not find a spot where Rob has this pictured on his website.  I only used John's web address/picture to point out how it looks and give people a chance to see it for themselves; it does not show favortism nor lend support to any one "supplier" or "vendor" more than the other.
Since this part is not made anymore (unless you specially want to pay the UK to make you one - EEK!) and you're not owned by DeLorean One, it can be quite hard to find.  I prefer the DeLorean community to be open, and I like seeing improvements and solutions made to stop problems like this.  I do not, nor will I ever support anyone who tries to monopolize and make parts inaccessible to the majority of the community.  Kudos and bravo to Rob and John, thank you both for continually improving the community and making the DeLorean more a reality rather than just a dream.  Oh, and Rob I checked that rack boot as you recommended - no rust nor corrosion *whew!*.  Thank you Rob for helping me there.

Private message to Ed - "HA!". =P

Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT