[DMCForum] Windscreens

The trouble is that shipping a screen from the US to england will be
costly and risky. I don't know if you guys have a similar situation in
the US, but 99% of car insurance policies, even limited mileage classic
ones, over here carry a windscreen guarantee - if you need a new one,
you just pay the "windscreen excess" which is usually between £50 and
£100 - the insurance company pays the rest and it doesn't affect your
claims history. My own policy on my DeLorean carries a windscreen excess
of £50. Unfortunately I will have to pay out for the one for 4426
because it's not registered yet, and to register it I need an MOT test
(our annual inspection) and to get an MOT test, I'll need a decent
screen. It was cracked across the swept area, which is an MOT fail, when
I got it. I could pull a fast one and claim against 1458 but I've
already had a screen for that in the past year.

For interests' sake, 4426 still officially resides in Texas. I bought it
from Germany where it was taken by its previous owner and never
re-registered. as it was his own personal car in the US it came over as
part of his personal effects, not as an imported car, and the engine
blew up before he registered it in Germany.

Martin

Eric Itzel wrote:

>I had a local glass company install mine for $50, but I got my
>windscreen from DMCH for a little bit more..

click here