[DMCForum] Ebay parts

    I know that this subject was mentioned previously. I've been really busy
& just catching up to my emails. I wanted to respond to the list since my name
was mentioned & I can add some insight to the experience. In addition, I will
not stand for the latent mischaracterizations & injurious comments about us
during our visit with Claude.

    Much has been said about Claude and his repugnant behavior towards us
during the parts move.  All of us were disappointed in Claude that cold January
14th 2004 and especially his ignoble ploys towards us now.  Claude didn't care
about our safety or well being during the move. No effort was made to fix a
broken ladder which was necessary to climb in order to move the parts, or turn
the heating system on, or clear the mountains of scrap wood & miscellaneous
gobbledygook that had to be moved first in order to gain access to the cars &
parts.

In addition, after reading Marc Levy's & David Teitelbaum's posts to the
list, I agree with them 100%. The cars & parts were misrepresented on Ebay. There
was one (1) new part in the entire inventory and Claude didn't lift a finger
during the move. However, I must pay him a compliment that he is the world's
greatest supervisor.

However, trying to stay positive about this experience, Rob, Marc, David and
I had some great laughs throughout the day.  That evening when we stopped for
dinner, I looked at the crew that Rob assembled for this move. Despite the bad
experience that we had that looooooong day, it was worth it to me to fly up
from Maryland and spend some time with a great group of people.

David & Marc are real troopers. They drove from New Jersey to Connecticut
that morning. They worked all day in the bitter cold & listened to Claude's
nonexistent, obtuse version of stainless steel repair techniques.

After loading the parts & cars into the trailer, they drove from Connecticut
to Long Island in a snow & ice storm. They were separated and lost from Rob &
I on the way back to PJ Grady. They dropped off David's trailer, sometime
after 2:30am, then decided to drive back to New Jersey in the blizzard. The entire
time they never complained. David kept a smile on his face and Marc always
had a Claude joke ready.

Rob Grady & I were amazed at the skill that David has driving his truck & car
trailer in a snow & ice storm.  It wasn't an easy drive, especially with the
added weight of the parts & cars.

The experience with Claude that day was very negative. There is nothing that
Claude owns that I want. I would never buy anything from him or would I
recommend him.  His penchant for dismantling those DeLorean's in such a slipshod
manner proved to me that he is far from ever being an expert on the DeLorean
marque.

Sincerely,
Michael Pack
Vin 20069

PS. I flew back to Long Island to help unload the parts from the trailer. Rob
& I unloaded every box from the trailer looking for, what Claude calls,
misappropriated items. The items in question are a headlight alignment tool (non
DMC tool) and a starter pistol.  Every box was unloaded and searched. No
headlight tool or starter pistol was found.

click here