[DMCForum] Re: Do you hear that?

Hi Lads,

Well to get the conversation going again, I'll tell you all what
happened to me earlier in the week, a woman drove into the back of my
DeLorean :(
Apparently she was reaching for something in the back seat.

I can't understand why she hit me, as she and her passenger were
clearly interested in the car and were driving behind me for some
time. I could lip read them saying all the usual comments like "back
to the future" and gesturing to each other on how the doors go up,
etc. (this was stop and go traffic at 0 to 10 mph). I think she was
probably reaching for a camera in her backseat to take a pic when she
hit me.

Anyway, my left exhaust pipe put a hole in her bumper, and her bumper
bent my lower part of the fascia in a few inches. A few mins later
when I asked her to "get you F&#&$ing car off my bumper NOW!" my
fascia came back out to its original shape, but there is a slight
crease in it, and some scuffing. Also, my exhaust system is a bit
bent, the left tailpipe is a few inches inboard of the right one, so
I'm sure there are some brackets bent, and possibly damage to the
muffler.

A mechanic is looking the car over tomorrow (another DeLorean owner
here in Ireland) to see what has been damaged. Needless to say, her
insurance company are going to be hit with a bill for brand new parts
for anything that shows even the slightest damage, from PJ Grady,
including shipping and taxes and labor to fit the parts. Any advice
on any of this is very much appreciated, e.g. what to look for for
damage, etc.

Anything I buy I'd like to go thru PJ Grady, as I have bought all my
parts from him before, but it does not say on his website if he sells
fascia's, anyone know if he does? I don't want to bother him directly
at the moment with the message on his website saying they have a
family emergency.

Thanks,
John, Ireland.

(sniff)

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxx> wrote:
> It's quieter because three people (who turned out to be only one
asshat)
> have quit posting.

click here