Re: [DMCForum] Failed emissions...

On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Farrar Hudkins wrote:

> Have you tried that "Guaranteed to pass" stuff? It's about $6 a bottle.
> Might be worth a shot.

Nope.  Just found out about the problem a couple of hours ago, and the
car's been in the hands of the inspection place ever since.

While that stuff might well make the car pass, I do want to "do the right
thing" and not be driving around in a car that kills otters.

My initial reaction to the guy saying I had a problem was to want the car
back, but I let him describe the situation a bit and it was clear that
he's actually very familiar with the K-Jetronic system, so I suspect he
does know what he's doing.  Guess I'll find out tomorrow.  :)

and Dave Stragand wrote:
> If you lean it out, and still get a bad idle, my bet is you have an
> injector that's out of whack.  I've seen this several times.  One leaky
> or 'loose' injector will cause the one cylinder to be way rich, throwing
> up the HC and CO.  Leaning it out causes every other cylinder to be way
> too lean, and thus a rough idle.

Thanks for the tip.  I'll bear this in mind.

-andrew