[DMCForum] The Mercury Capri - All questions answered

[DMCForum] The Mercury Capri - All questions answered

Saturday morning I picked up my front calipers from Advance Auto. If you
recall I ordered the 1977 Mercury Capri versions and not the 1976 (as is
most commonly recognized as a cross reference). The part numbers for
1976-1978 were all identical so I was pretty safe.

When I got the calipers back to the garage I found that, indeed, they did
fit! Passenger side went on without a hitch. The drivers side required me to
cut a very very small (about 1" long and 1/8" deep) notch out of the brake
line mounting bracket. A quick zip of the Dremel and the passenger side was
on.

The total cost of these two calipers was $99. Not a bad deal considering the
cheapest I could find were John Hervey's rebuilt ones for $65 apiece.

click here