Re: [DMCForum] Re: Deloreans on Ebay

First off, YOU brought this up in public..  and I
don't think a private deal between you and Rob is
something you should be discussing in this manor..

With that said, I will defend myself.

Again, If you would have had all of the DeLorean stuff
ready for us when we got there, then we would not have
had to go through your stuff.  YOU told us to do it.
When Dave and I got there in the morning, you told us
to start digging through you piles of crap to get a
buried transmission, and doors...  When we got to the
loft in the garage, YOU told us to look through the
stuff.  If we would have waited for you to move all
the junk around, and dig out the parts we would still
be standing in your yard today!

You gave up your time for free??  Um..  Uh..  Well, I
guess you did not have to be there with us as we went
looking for all the parts.  And what about Rob PAYING
you?  Id say you did nothing for free...  Shit, Mike
even bought you lunch!

We have 4 guys working there.. I Personally was up for
24  hours straight that day.  The four of us worked
for over 12 hours straight going through your crap,
while you moved at a snail pace... Inspecting every
part (not only delorean) in the place.

Your heat story is Bullshit.  When you winterize a
building, you shut the water off and blow the pipes
out.  From what I saw, your heat was forced air so you
could have turned the heat on with no need to touch
the water. Even if you did have to turn the heat on,
small price considering what Rob paid you.

The day was selected (from what I was told) based on
YOUR NEED TO GET THE BUILDING EMPTY.  As far as I
know, the stuff is still in a trailer at Rob's shop,
so we know he was in no rush for it.

FWIW, your "other buyer" would have not shipped all
that crap back to Europe...  And I hear the complete
car you sold (#16686??) also ended up in Europe,
because the American buyer dumped it, it was such a
POS...  Maybe standards are lower across the pond?

As far as Rob looking at the parts, and the deal you
made... That is not for me to comment on.  I don't
know anything about Rob's business.  However, There is
no way he knew exactly what he was getting, and
clearly he trusted you when you told him what you had.
We could all tell he was disappointed.

--- fivetwofive <cbl302@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> [...]
> EVERY NOOK and CORNER,I LET ALL YOU GUYS FREELY GO
> INTO EVEY
> CORNER,in your quest!!SO DO NOT EVEN DARE TO MAKE
> your CLAIMS!! I
> understand That IT WAS 10 Degrees,and no heat,The
> building was
> winterized,and the water was turned off for the
> winter(as in past
> winters my heat shut down and froze my
> pipes$$$$)(The date was Robs
> picking)
> HEY,I am only telling you from my side,and it was
> Not a pretty pic.
> Remember I did NOT OFFER TO SELL TO ROB, HE CALLED
> ME and,he CAME
> OVER and looked at everything and wanted to buy the
> cars POINT
> BLANK,EVEN THO I already had  TOLD HIM BEFORE BEFORE
> BEFORE HE CAME
> DOWN that I ALREADY had a buyer.(and that buyer WAS
> WILLING TO GIVE
> ME EVEN MORE THAN ROBS OFFER,AND HE WAS GOING TO PAY
> ME a extra
> $1000.00 TO HELP HIM "LOAD" everything.I LOST MY
> $$$$$,selling to
> Rob.And this is the Thanks I get.I GAVE OF MY TIME
> FOR FREE TO help
> you people load everything,and worked HARDER,than
> MOST of the guys
> there. (and IT WAS A LOT LOT LOT OF DMC PARTS!!!)I
> could have just
> stood there,as it IS NEVER THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE
> SELLER TO HELP.
> (NOT to mention the missing items)I AM only telling
> my point,I never
> said anything bad about rob, (except his temper)ROB
> IS HONEST HONEST
> HONEST!!!AND NOTHING BUT HONEST !!!!On the point of
> "hiding"--- One
> and ONE of the reasons,everything was as YOU
> claimed"messed up" was
> to show NOTHING was"TOUCHED" from where they had
> BEEN FOR YEARS!!!
> WHAT YOU SAW is what was there "untouched".I Could
> not win either way
> with you guys,if I "sorted" things out,then you
> people would accuse
> me of sorting/picking out/hiding things,BUT BY NOT
> TOUCHING ANYTHING--
> IT SHOWED MY HONESTY,and LETTING YOU guys pick and
> CHOOSE what you
> guys wanted to take DELOREAN wise!!HEY I AM ONLY
> SAYING THERE was ONE
> BAD apple in the BUNCH,(I do not know who)and he
> spoiled it for
> everyone else.I WAS HONEST but someone in the group
> was greedy,and
> took things that should not have been taken,and EVEN
> went to the
> point   of hiding that fact!!!
> I learned my lesson,the hard way NEVER EVER trust
> STRANGERS!!!!
>
> P.S.YES many MANY cars were COMPLETED,one example
> was VIN# 16686 (he
> is on the DML)That car was one I did in 1988,and is
> STILL being used
> today!!!! Others were Bricklins,Corvettes,Dodge Ram

Charger,Mustang,GTO,Trans-AM,NINJA(motorcycle)Cosworth