[DMCForum] Re: Reasons for entering car show in TN

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxx> wrote:
> That stuff adds up. For 2 people:
>
> $40 for Registration
> $50 for Thursday Dinner
> $90 for Friday Banquet
> $90 for Saturday banquet.
>
> SHEEEIT!

In 2002, I was hedging on going, because of cost.  I bit the bullet
and went, and haven't regretted it.  The way I look at it, in 6
months I will have forgotten all about the money I didn't spend if I
don't go, or forgotten all about the money I did spend if I do go.
But the memory of the good times I had at show will last a lifetime.
I don't think Ken makes a lot of money doing these shows, if any.
Even if he does, he earns it fairly and squarely, and if I'm not
going to start a new and better and cheaper Delorean Car Show, then I
don't feel I get to bitch about the price.  We're very lucky Ken is
willing to organize and execute the vast biannual endeavor we
call "the Delorean Car Show".  I hope to see you there.

Rick Gendreau