Re: [DMCForum] RE: parts

> I'm looking for good set of Delorean Stainless Steel fuel
lines
> other then buying them from Texas.

The best pair I saw was for sale by Don Steger at the
Memphis show.  I think they cost around $350, and this
didn't include lines from the fuel filter to CPR, anything
to do with the frequency valve, and I don't think it
included the return line.  What impressed me about these
lines is that all the banjo fittings were polished stainless
steel.  They looked like they were chrome plated.  John
Hervey is selling stainless braded fuel lines using recycled
banjo fittings from old sets after having them replated.

> I changed my brake line to stainless and didn't see any
big changes

Me too.  But I think it is worth changing them anyway so
that you know what you have.  I have seen two DeLoreans that
had brake lock-up problems.  These might have been due to a
hose delaminating inside or maybe something to do with the
caliper.  Someone was working on having all the hard lines
reproduced in stainless as well.  I'm curious to hear if
there is any progress.  I forgot who this was (as usual).

> and some say cross drilled rotors have less fade but more
noise.

Definitely more noise.  Can't vouched for less fade.  I see
Porsches all the time with cross-drilled rotors and thought
this was the way to go.  If Porsches come from the factory
this way then it MUST be good, right?  The difference is
that the Porsche rotors are internally vented, so you don't
get that whirring sound that comes from a cross-drilled
solid plate.  The noise isn't too bad; though, I only have
cross-drilled on the front.  I just had them cut at NAPA,
and the machinist wouldn't warranty the work.  He said that
they can chip when cut and that if it were really important
then to find a shop that can grind new surfaces instead of
cutting.  I am so disgusted with these rotors that I didn't
care if they chipped.  They came with a nice zinc plating
that continued to glaze the pads.  Cutting finally removed
all of it.

The ones I have are Powerstop and were rebaked after they
were drilled.  I would NOT trust rotors that are custom
drilled.  If you go drilling holes in just any rotor, cracks
are bound to form.

The most impressive rotors I've seen for the DeLorean are
from Ed Uding.  He had them on display at the Memphis show.
He drilled the holes himself which I don't like, but he
starts with a wider internally vented rotor.

If you've read this far, check out the following link.
http://www.shotimes.com/brakes/
Someone on this Forum posted it originally.  I forget who.
And when I did, he spoke up.  I expect to hear from him
again.  Anyway, all of it is good reading for a DIYer.

Walt