Re: [DMCForum] RE: parts

Hi Ken

The SS fuel lines aren't all that good *in my opinion* which is why we
had thermoplastic hoses made. High energy coils may seem to make a
difference, but you never know if replacing the coil with a new original
one would have made the same difference - I personally think in a "blind
test" a car with a new stock system (leads, coil, plugs) would be
identical to one with a supposedly performance ignition setup. Havign
said that, a high energy spark will mask other potential (eg fuel
delivery) problems. Don't buy a NOS coil, get a new one. Those brake
lines make a big difference IF your brake master cylinder is okay (it
can work fine but still be spongy - mine is) and it's well worth
re-bleeding the brakes a week and a few miles after doing it the first
time - you'll usually find a little bit of air in all the calipers.

Martin