[DMCForum] Re: turbo(s)...

Here, here.

DMCH already sells the stage III exhaust seperately. If they'd just
sell the stage III cams, I might tackle the job myself.

Hey Martin, you should be saying "my two cents", not "pence". Aren't
you guys voting to convert to the Euro soon?  ;-)

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx>
wrote:
> My 2p:
>
> The Island setup is a bodge bodge bodge. The DeLorean PRV was never
> meant for turbocharging and it will cause problems. The turbos draw
from
> downstream of the throttles causeing premature wear of the turbo
seals.
> You can blow it with a modest amount - 5psi max. This will still
cause
> knocking unless you play with the fuelling, and the DeLorean
doesn't
> even have throttle enrichment to start with! (except when cold and
the
> full throttle enrichment which is merely paying lip service - it
has
> very little effect). The "disconnect the lambda sensor when under
boost"
> is a mickey-mouse effort at best and a complete waste of time at
worst.
> The timing is all wrong for the turbo unless "recurved" but a knock
> sensor is a better solution, but still going about it the wrong way.
>
> We get more out of the engine with injection and ignition
components
> from the european PRVs, and by removing the cats. And the cost,
even
> when using new parts is still a fraction of the turbo setup.
>
> Martin
>
> service@xxxx wrote:
>
> >Dmcforum:
> >
> >Both are good design both missing inner coolers to get the most
> >I have owned two turbo cars and both where faster then stock
DeLoreans