[DMCForum] TAB/'Fridge Run schedule

While I can adjust my schedule any way I want to go home, I realize
that you people have planned your lives around this trip and can't be
as flexible.

Here's the TAB plan:

I have ordered a TAB kit from PJ Grady, red label/overnight delivery.
I have called the mechanic that did my alignment. He has worked on
DeLoreans before albeit a long time ago. He has done trailing arm
work before. A long time ago. I trust him though. He treated me
fairly before and did good work. The car is very close to him so I'll
have it towed. He says he'll be able to squeeze me in between other
jobs.

The only real question is time. Can it be done in time? Is the
remnant of the bolt really lodged in the trailing arm or can it just
be pulled out? Barring any major surgery to get the remnant out, I
can still make the run and be safer doing it. Even though I'm putting
in a Grady bolt, I'm getting Iconel's installed if I make it to
Florida. I'll be damned if I ever let this happen again.

If I had just one other pair of hands who had experience replacing
these, I'd just have it towed home and do it in my driveway and damn
the neighbors and the condo gestapo. I have air tools. I can get an
angle grinder or whatever it takes.

Rich "heart-check" Acuti