[DMCForum] refrirgerant lines

I see on DMC/Texas' web site that they have Part #110527
available which appears to be an adaptor block to retrofit a
high pressure switch and high pressure relief valve to early
VIN cars.  Does anyone have any experience using this?

I see that they list new refrigerant lines "complete with
spreader valve".  Does anyone know what a spreader valve is?
Has anyone bought these hoses?  Intuition tells me that
spreader valves might be a fitting that allows the hose ends
to be crimped while on the car.  This would be really
convenient except that it costs more than having new hoses
assembled locally.  I owe them a phone call anyway, so I'll
remember to ask.  Meanwhile, I'm curious to hear if anyone
has any experience with their hoses & adaptor block.

I'm getting ready to have a bunch of refrigerant lines
rebuilt locally (enough for 4 cars).  One set is off an
early car that lacks the high pressure safety devices that
later VINs have.  Since I like to do things right, I want a
way to add these safety devices.

Walt

click here