Re: [DMCForum] steering geometry - new question

Re: [DMCForum] steering geometry - new question

Martin, I had my DeLorean aligned at a Sears location that
is supposed to have one of the nicest computer alignment
racks in the business.  Going by what their spec sheet says,
they only give degrees.  The millimeter/inch measurements in
the factory manuals only seem to confuse things because they
don't say where to take the measurements from (i.e., at the
edge of the rim or tread).  Do you know what they mean?

Anyway, here is Sears' specifications according to the
printout they gave me when they did my car:

Front PER WHEEL
Camber -0.3 degrees with tolerance +/-0.3 degrees
Caster 3.8 degrees with tolerance of +/-0.3 degrees
Toe 0.24 degrees with tolerance of +/-0.04 degrees

Front TOTAL of both wheels
Cross Camber 0.0 degrees
Cross Caster 0.0 degrees
Total Toe 0.48 degrees with tolerance of +/-0.08 degrees

Rear PER WHEEL
Camber -0.5 degrees with tolerance of +/-0.3 degrees
Toe 0.24 degrees with tolerance of +/-0.04 degrees

Rear TOTAL of both wheels
Cross Camber 0.0 degrees
Total Toe 0.48 degrees with tolerance +/- 0.08 degrees
Thrust Angle 0.00 degrees

If you figure out how to put this information to use, please
explain how!

For more confusion, check the DeLorean Workshop Manual on
page K:08:02.  Here they give some fraction inch to degree
conversions.  This is for the rear wheels, but maybe it
applies to the fronts too?

Also check the Service Bulletin Number ST-34-1/82.
On the 3rd page they give another fractional inches/decimal
degrees conversion table.

Walt

Click to learn more...