Re: [DMCForum] Steering rack adventures

> Am I missing something basic here?  Or is this rebuilt rack manufactured
> differently enough from the old one that the wheel needs to be pulled and
> reinstalled?  I don't particularly mind if that's what I have to do, as
> I'd really like to get it recovered anyway.

First don't worry about how the steering wheel is pointed.  Just make sure
you have the same number of turns from stop to stop.

To get the alignment close enough to get to a shop, tape or some how attach
about a 2 ft stick to the wheels parallel to the sides of the car.  Then if
you measure between the sticks infront and behind the wheel you can at least
get the front pointing the same direction.  However this is very crude and
should only be done to get the car to a location that can do a proper 4
wheel alignment.

Andrei

click here