[DMCForum] Rotary engines, Jim and the 'Fridge Run

[DMCForum] Rotary engines, Jim and the 'Fridge Run

I'm combining subjects in an attempt to keep on topic here.

Jim I wasn't aware that you were interested in coming on the 'Fridge
Run. I'd be glad if you did. You've got 5 or 6 months until Pigeon
Forge so put some miles on that thing and show it off at the show.

I think it's a real bummer that rotaries get such poor mileage. I'm
sure that (like everything else) with enough R&D money put into it,
that could be overcome.

As far as the lifespan of the engines, I'm suprised to hear that they
are so short sometimes. I thought 70% fewer moving parts would make
them last forever. Even though a non-turbo 13b isn't much horsepower
than stock at 165hp, (I hope I read that right) it's so much lighter
I wonder if that would get you moving any faster. That way you
wouldn't have to worry about too much boost damaging the engine.

BTW, if any of you haven't seen the video Jim made on his website you
HAVE to watch it. It's SO COOL. If we ever get DMC back in business,
Jim's in charge of marketing.

Jim you have to redo those pics with your girlfriend. With a car like
that, muddy jeans in a field just don't cut it. You should wear
something Armani and stand in front of a skyscraper.

Ciao,

Rich