Re: [DMCForum] If you won the lottery...

Re: [DMCForum] If you won the lottery...

> Have you any pics of your black interior?

The state of my interior at this moment is the same as it
was several months ago.  There are only a few things
non-stock about it such as the Alpine radio and the black
headliner from PJ Grady.  I temporarily(?) put a gray door
panel on my drivers door while I get around to fixing my
black one.  The only good photos I can think of are the ones
where my car is lined up with a bunch of others with the
doors open.  Black doesn't photograph well.  It's too
contrasty next to lighter colors.  If I get the exposure
right to show detail in the black then it shows up as gray
while everything else is bleached out.

For my rear bumper lettering, instead of stainless steel
letters, I had a friend install his custom 3M black
reflective vinyl.  It looks awesome at night when lights hit
it, but it's nearly invisible in daylight.

Eventually I plan to have a DeLorean painted light
non-metallic (sky/baby) blue (a color used on mid 70's GMs.)
I had a '75 Chevy Caprice Classic convertible this color,
and the women were always nuts over it.  But I would only
paint panels that are too far damaged to be used unpainted.
I would keep a complete set of unpainted panels ready to put
the car back to stock.

Walt

click here