From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 10:57 AM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DMCForum] Re: Now isn't that interesting?

Here's an interesting quote from the DeLorean One website
under "About Us":

"If you respect your DeLorean and you want the very best, DeLorean
One is the source for you. We will provide you with the highest level
of service and the finest parts available anywhere.

If, on the other hand, you are simply looking for the cheapest way
out, please look elsewhere. You can always find someone to do it
cheaper. Never someone to do it better."

Cut and pasted.

What a fascinating marketing technique! We'll GUILT people into
coming to our shop by implying that they don't care about their car
if they use anyone else!

In my opinion they are implying for instance, that Rob Grady provides
substandard service because his costs are lower. They state that they
have "the finest parts available anywhere". I would like to know how
they qualify/quantify that statement. For instance, their fuel
distributors cost nearly $1200 dollars. Supposedly they are "finer"
than DMCH. Why are they better? Are they brand-new? Are they rebuilt
at a better facility? Do they use a proven, higher quality set of
parts in the rebuild than everyone else?

As I've said before, this is all my opinion and everyone should make
their own decisions. All I can say is, even if I made six figures
annually I would never take my vehicle to a shop that implies that I
don't care about my exotic because I want to pay competitive prices.
(Normal) wealthy people are actually known for their frugality and
shopping sense.

Oh well.

  _____