Re: [DMCForum] Transmission Fluid

There are a number of standard transmissions that use
ATF from the factory.  It is not so strange that a
previous mechanic would put ATF in, not knowing what
should be in there.

My Taurus SHO (which has a Mazda standard gear box)
uses ATF.  I have since replaced it with Redline MTL,
which is also red in color. I am not sure what color
the Redline MT-90 is.

--- Walter Coe <Whalt@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> More about Samuel's transmission:
> We found automatic transmission fluid instead of 90W
> gear
> oil in the final drive.  I since discussed this with
> someone
> knowledgeable about transmissions.  He said that old
> Datsun
> 240's, 260's & 280's came from the factory with 90W
> gear oil
> and were prone to stiff shifting in cold weather,
> i.e., not
> shifting out of 1st or reverse.  The factory
> authorized fix
> for this was replacing the 90W gear oil with
> automatic
> transmission fluid.  All later (Nissan) models are
> shipped
> with automatic transmission fluid in the final
> drive.
>
> I don't know if any of that is true, but YOU heard
> it on the
> internet, so it must be true, yeah, right.
>
> Walt

>  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or selling a car. FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM