[DMCForum] Ugh! Whacked a *@$%&% pothole hard.

Okay, actually it was a sorry excuse for a repair in the road.  I smacked
it at about 40 mph and it hit hard.

My steering rack is already in bad shape, and is really loose, but this
made it feel *way* loose.  The car is still steerable, but I do not feel
comfortable driving it.  I've already got a rebuilt rack to put on.  I
guess this'll make me do it.

As soon as I smacked the hole, I started haring a jingling sound, kind of
like a couple of keys hitting each other, whenever I went over bumps.

I noticed after I got home that I can now push my left front corner down
and it doesn't really come back up.  I can produce about an inch of
difference in the body-wheel relationship by pushing down or pulling up.
The shock (or something worse) isn't returning.

Okay, so I figure maybe I've got a blown out shock.  I've been planning to
put on DMCH's suspension anyway.

Anything else you guys can think of that I should be looking out for in
response to these symptoms?

-andrew

click here