Re: [DMCForum] Urgent brake problem

I was under the impression that you cannot really rebuild brake master
cylinders. Here's why: When you use the clutch, you depress the master
cylinder throughout the whole length of its travel every time you use
it. This keeps the bore of the cylinder clean and wear is uniform
thoughout its length. We sell a clutch master cylinder rebuild kit.

The brake master is a completely different matter. You use the brake
master through a fraction of its length throughout it's entire working
life. The only time you will use it more is when something's going wrong
or when bleeding the system. If you're not careful, you can bust a
perfectly good MC when bleeding the brakes simply by pressing the pedal
to the floor, because the piston moves into the area of the cylinder
that never gets used, and a poorly maintained sustem may well have
corrosion and general crap built up on the walls. One movement too far
and bingo splingo, busted seals. A "rebuild" would involve cleaning and
replacing seals, but can't repair damage to the cylinder walls. For this
reason we sell only new brake master cylinders.

> With about 3 more pumps, it firms up
>properly and stays firm for as long as we continue to pump
>it.  But if we let it sit for more than 15 seconds then the
>pedal goes soft again.

You have got the engine on? This behaviour is exactly what you'd expect
from the servo when the engine's off.

Martin

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ccg8qmk/M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1072971710/A=1911858/R=0/*http://www.lifescapein
c.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=222&caId=1987> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1911858/rand=869583016>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: