RE: [DMCForum] Re: Dude, where's my key?   Was:  What was I thinking?

RE: [DMCForum] Re: Dude, where's my key?   Was:  What was I thinking?

I can help you get in the car in 20 minutes.

Sincerely,
Mike Pack
Severna Park

"cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Word is, you can get a lock smith to pull the piece out. They have
>tools that can hold the tumblers out of the way to pull the piece out.
>
>If it -can't- be done, I'll replace the ignition switch, be 2 key for
>a while, then replace the door cylinders. Or something.
>
>Rich
>
>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jim Strickland lt;ihaveanaccount@xxxxxx;

>wrote:
>gt; I don't see how a new key will help that much...
>gt;
>gt; If you have the 1 key system, you'll at least get a door key, but
>unless
>gt; you cut the same key in half, you won't have the ignition key.
>gt;
>gt; Wouldn't it be funny to quot;convertquot; your car to a 2 key
system?nbsp; 1
>key to
>gt; open the door, and the same key cut in half for the ignition?nbsp;
Hmmm.
lt;racuti1@xxxxxx;
> [...]
>gt; gt; lodged in the ignition switch. The broken key had been filed
>smooth
>gt; gt; so that it doesn't look broken.
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; Ken Creason told me how to find the key code on my car. He cut me

>gt; gt; one, mailed it to me and advised me to get copies made (which
>I've
>gt; gt; been trying to do locally). I have 2 brand-new blanks locked in
>my
>gt; gt; car.
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; I lost my only working key, probably in Florida, in my uncle's
>yard.
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; He says he can't find it. This is why I don't care if I can
>safely
>gt; gt; break into the car. I still need a key cut to drive it. It's in
>the
>gt; gt; mail (hopefully).
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; Hope that clears it up.
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; Rich
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, quot;Scott Muellerquot;
>gt; gt; lt;scott.a.mueller@xxxxxx; wrote:
>gt; gt; gt; I missed how you locked your keys in your car.
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; Refresh my memory.
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; Scott
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; -----Original Message-----
>gt; gt; gt; From: cruznmd [mailto:racuti1@xxxx]
>gt; gt; gt; Sent: Sunday, December 28, 2003 6:32 PM
>gt; gt; gt; To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>gt; gt; gt; Subject: [DMCForum] What was I thinking? (Mostly on topic)
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; Now tell me again, -why- I bought a basket-case DeLorean?
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; Was it because it was cheaper? Uh...partly but that wasn't
>totally
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; it. Was
>gt; gt; gt; it because I was bored? Hm...sort of but I never was so bored
>gt; gt; gt; wanted my hobby to make me scream in frustration.
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; Oh yeah! I remember now. I remember thinking, quot;If we only
buy
>the
>gt; gt; gt; bestest, nicesest cars the population will eventually dwindle

>gt; gt; gt; nothing. This means if I care about the lifespan of the
marque,
>gt; gt; gt; should find one in an advanced state of decay and put it back

>gt; gt; gt; together.
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; This wasn't a dumb line of reasoning was it? If people didn't

>gt; gt; think
>gt; gt; gt; this way, we'd have no original condition Ford Model A's or
T's
>gt; gt; right?
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt;
>gt; gt; gt; Rich A.
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt;nbsp;
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; Yahoo! Groups Links
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; To visit your group on the web, go to:
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt; Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
>gt; gt;nbsp; http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt;
>gt; gt;
>gt;
>gt;
>gt; ________________________________________________________________
>gt; The best thing to hit the internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
>gt; Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
>gt; Only $14.95/ month - visit www.juno.com to sign up today!
>

>    *Yahoo! Groups Sponsor*

of Service.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c2njivj/M=243273.4326031.5516772.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1072844539/A=1750744/R=0/*http://servedby.advert
ising.com/click/site=552006/bnum=1072758139101747> Click to learn more...

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4326031.5516772.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=689323397>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links