Re: [DMCForum] Rob Grady

I want to apologize to you Rob... I really meant no ill will here. If
Jeremiah does his own work this time around, that may not be a bad thing
for him. What I was trying to get him to do was get to know the car some
before he sends it off to a vendor. It's a good thing for owners to get
their hands dirty some with these cars... rudimentary knowledge of how
these machines operate is really a must if you're going to drive them at
all, and there's no better way to gain that than by driving them and
letting them break. Getting to know how the cars work also gives you
knowledge that can prevent you from getting screwed over by "experts" like
spoke of. And I know who it was you're talking about... many people have
had similar and much worse complaints regarding this guy. He's not in the
biz currently, or I would have sent a warning about him. I've picked on
Hervey and Houston in the past as well, though I still really like John
Hervey and James Espey. They're both really friendly helpful people... and
have gone out of their way to help me, as you have in the past. I try and
give a fairly neutral viewpoint of all of the vendors I've had experiences
with. But if you noticed, I stated several times in my posts you're the
best in the business... so if Jeremiah wants the best for his car, he'll
come to you. I guess I just see people sending their cars to the vendors
as a final stage (unless they've got some money to spend), when they want
all their loose ends tied up, or for stuff they can't do.

Regarding my car, I probably will send it off to you eventually. The
reality is, I'm a senior in college, and am doing this DeLorean thing on a
shoestring budget. Plus I'm not a perfectionist like my friend who sent
his car to you. I know how picky he was with the car... he's sent many
items back multiple times to other vendors so that he can have flawless
pieces. You know his car... by being so selective, his car really is
remarkable. Most of the stuff he's replaced on his car are nicer than the
stuff on 90% of the DeLoreans out there. I would send my DeLorean to you
or one of the other vendors tomorrow if I had the money. But
unforutunately I don't have the means to do so, and am certain it would
require $5k-$10k worth of work, and I simply can't afford that right now.
Luckily for me the DeLorean isn't my daily mode of transport, so it can be
put on the back burner.

Regarding me calling you for help with my idle problem, I try to refrain
from calling the vendors when I'm having problems because you guys are
always very busy, and I don't want to impede. You spending time with me on
the phone means you're losing time you can be working, and that means loss
of money. I have actually called and chatted with you on a couple of
occasions on things that had me befuddled. I've also spent a pretty large
amount of my money with you. Again, I'm sorry if you felt I was giving you
negative publicity... that was not my intention. You really can't take the
stuff you read on here too seriously anyways. It's just like a room full
of guy friends shooting the BS with one another. This forum isn't so much
a technical tool as it is a fellowship tool. The forum provides things the
DML doesn't, and vice versa. -Louie

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: