Re: [DMCForum] Interesting problem with battery.

The battery cut off switch is only for the positive terminals, the
negative terminal should be connected to the battery.

#1 diconnect the positive cable.
#2 connect the positive cable to one side of the cut off switch.
#3 connect the cut off switch to the positve side of the battery.

Here is a picture of what it should look like
http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-images/battery-swt-hookup.jpg

Good luck
Mark

On Thursday, December 25, 2003, at 07:05 AM, Samuel wrote:

> [...]
> then positive when your going to jump a car. Otherwise you would send
> surges thru the system when you connect the negative after the positive
> due to the sparks.
>
> Of course I'm sure someone is going to post showing how this is somehow
> wrong.
>
> Samuel
>
> Enid/Jeremiah wrote:
>
> >Ok everyone.? Here is one that's not quite as crazy as my last couple
> of posts.
> >
> >Until I buy a battery kill switch, I have been taking the time to
> dettach the postitive lead to my battery every time I turn off my
> DeLorean.? Well, last I used it was 2 days ago, and for Christmas as a
> unique present I wanted to give my Mom a ride in it since she had
> never ridden in a DeLorean yet.? Well, I went to hook the battery up -
> first connecting the positive lead, then the negative.? Using a socket
> wrench, I went to start turning the battery bolt on the negative side,
> and sparks flew all over.? I don't mean one or two - I mean yellow,
> orange, red sparks went flying everywhere.? To say the least, I was
> spooked, but I went on and attached the cables securely.? Went to turn
> the car on, *click* - no start.? You could hear the car turning over,
> but no vroom vroom.? Went and tightened even more - *click* nothing.?
> Did this about 5 more times to no avail.
> >
> >To say the least, I was irritated and went back into the house in
> defeat.? My fiance as she konked out to sleep suggested I undo both
> cables and try it again.? Of course, I didn't want to, and I
> sarcastically told her that was futile.? However, I swallowed my pride
> and volunteered to try one more time stating "I'm not expecting any
> miracles".? Went out and decided for fun to switch the battery bolts.?
> I connected the negative first, then the positive.? I noticed that the
> bolt for the positive side seemed stripped, because I would get it
> snug and secure, and then it would just keep turning.? I had no
> trouble unwinding the bolt out, but it never seemed to stop turning
> when I would try to tighten it.? Anyhoo, I turned it until I felt it
> was nice and snug, and sat in the driver's seat saying to myself
> sarcastically "Whatever..." and cranked the key. VVRROOOOOOM! - to
> life my car came...To say the simplest, I let my ! lady know she was
> right (something some of you might want to just get
> > used to right now ;) )
> >
> >My question - what the heck happened?? Did I just not ever tighten it
> down right the last SEVEN attempts?? Did I just not get a good
> connection?? Was my battery on its last leg?? Can someone give me a
> tip to two to keep from establishing a channel so I don't see those
> sparks again..?? Would the battery kill switch save me this
> aggravation?
> >
> >I was very happy to see my car behave, but I don't want to go through
> that again.

> >Yahoo! Groups Links

> >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:

<image.tiff>

> Yahoo! Groups Links
>
> * 	To visit your group on the web, go to:
> ?
> * 	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
> ?
> * 	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.

Come see all of my Photo's at my Website.
http://photos.yahoo.com/snextime

Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or selling a car.
FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM