Never paid much attention to Mopar anyway. No need to when you drive
FORDS!

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> Ok, cool. Plenty of junkers to get blocks from but the guts are
> probably all different.
>
> Not too many vehicles to get trannies from.
>
> I know I said "coranado" before but I meant Monaco. I couldn't
> remember the name.
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MichaelRPack1@xxxx wrote:
> > In a message dated 12/23/2003 7:53:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> > racuti1@xxxx writes:
> >
> > <<
> >  <tt>
> >  My uncle tells me of a man who worked for Chrysler. This man says
> >  that when the AMC Eagle (Premier?) and another AMC car that I
> can't
> >  remember the name of (Coronado?), Chrysler sent a group of their
> >  mechanics to Volvo to get certified on the PRV, and this guy was
> one
> >  of them. Supposedly he's -real- good at fixing these engines.
> >
> >  Bill, you always say that Chrysler bought AMC. Were you aware that
> >  these engines were used in these cars, or were going to be?
> >  Could this be a good source of heads and certain other parts?
> >
> >  Rich >>
> >
> > Hi Rich,
> >
> > I have some literature from American Motors & Renault. Renault was
> getting
> > out of business in the USA, and AMC wanted to enter the small car
> market during
> > the fuel conservation crisis of the 1980s.  The leCar, Alliance,
> Fuego (same
> > 5-speed as DMC) were genuine Renault products distributed thru AMC.
> During this
> > same period Lotus cars were distributed thru Rolls Royce to give an
> example.
> >
> > The Eagle Premier & Dodge Monaco were Renault products that were
> retagged as
> > Eagle & Dodge.  Both cars have the PRV in them. Chrysler retagged
> to the Eagle
> > Premier to compete with upmarket European cars.
> >
> > Also, the Renault Alpine A610 was scheduled to come to the USA in
> 1988. There
> > were 22 USA version Alpine A610's shipped here for EPA, DOT, and
> other
> > testing. 11 were returned to France and dismantled, and 11 stayed
> here. I know of 3
> > cars here in the USA. 1 is in Maryland, 1 in North Carolina, and 1
> in
> > California.
> >
> > I think there were 8 different cars sold in the USA with the PRV
> (could be
> > more)
> >
> > 1. DeLorean
> > 2. Peugeot 604
> > 3. Volvo 260
> > 4. Volvo 760
> > 5. Eagle Premier
> > 6. Dodge Monaco
> > 7. Renault Alpine
> > 8. Motor home
> >
> > Cars with same 5 speed transmission
> > 1. DeLorean
> [...]

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ch8fa11/M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1072374191/A=1911856/R=0/*http://www.lifescapein
c.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=222&caId=1985> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1911856/rand=576849905>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: