Re: [DMCForum] Brakes time!

DeLorean brake rotors are just as "turnable" as any other
kind of brake rotor.  I've had it done before.  The
important thing to watch out for is that you don't turn them
too thin.  The minimum thicknesses are listed somewhere in
the manuals and stamped on the rotors.  I have the manuals
sitting at my feet, but don't feel like looking it up --
especially after reading that post from Gary ;-)

Right now I have PowerStop cross-drilled rotors on the front
of my car and have had nothing but trouble with them.  They
came with a nice zinc plating which I probably should have
removed before installation.  I have had glazing problems
sense.  I've tried sanding by hand.  This worked for a while
but then they glazed again.  So I tried sanding with a 5"
disk on a power drill.  This was a disaster.  I sanded too
much & in the same pattern.  Now the rotors are
micro-grooved and vibrate like hell.  I'm going to take them
off, have them turned and see if this fixes it.  If you keep
the same pads, it is a good idea (in my opinion, but I could
be wrong) to lightly sand them on a flat surface to make
them flat again.

It might be best to take the rotors off the hub before you
have them turned.  It may not be a good idea to trust those
monkeys with the wheel bearings.  The bearings are not
serviceable according to the manuals.  But I have heard of
people washing them out and putting new grease in anyway
with good results.  I plan to try this soon.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ce47t58/M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1072168707/A=1911858/R=0/*http://www.lifescapein
c.com/picasa/landing.php?capid=222&caId=1987> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=266841.4316200.5507732.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1911858/rand=320351097>

  _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: