Re: [DMCForum] Winter storage

I think I have seen the photo of your car with snow piled on
it.  It looked almost recognizable as a DeLorean with all
that cover.  I thought it was cool (well freezing actually.)

Sure it is great for collectors to pamper & preserve them as
museum pieces.  But the rest of us enjoy them for what they
were meant to be -- a practical & fun means of
transportation.  Social mores allow us to mostly do as we
see fit with every part of our lives.  If someone wants to
get tattoos or hang jewelry in their skin or cut up their
car into something custom, that is their choice.  I think it
is a shame, but then I have greater respect for free will
than what people do with it.

The winter storage is an interesting poll, but it is kind of
hard to answer if you have more than one car and store them
differently.  I currently have custody of 4 DeLoreans (that
is there are titles & VIN plates not counting a mostly
stripped frame and a stock of miscellaneous parts).  The
daily driver stays in a garage when not used.  Another is
also garaged but has been sun-baked for so many years that
it is a waste of garage space to keep it out of the weather.
Two cars sit in the yard covered.  One of these is going in
a garage soon to be restored.  The other is wrecked and has
a salvage title.  It will take a heap of red tape to fix the
title; though the car is restorable (and runs!)

Walt

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c8tl2lm/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1071037237/A=1524963/R=0/*http://hits.411web.com
/cgi-bin/autoredir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=649372467>