Re: [DMCForum] Bound throttle

Rich, now that you fixed it anyway, here's what I have to
say:
Be sure that the "nozzle" where the cable exits is pointed
in the correct position.  If the cable drags too much on the
side of the nozzle then it
frays/binds & breaks.  A small misalignment can make a big
difference over time.  This also goes for the hood release
cable.  I use a thin straight solid brass wire (from a hobby
store).  Stick it in the empty cable sheath and then bend
the bracket that holds the nozzle to where the wire points
straight to the throttle spool (or trunk release handle.)

The DMC throttle recall bulletin says to pour anti-freeze in
the cable to keep it from freezing.  Personally, I think
this is a rotten idea.  The stuff seems to be really
corrosive as it dries out.  For mine, I use a lubricant made
by Yamaha that is specifically meant for brake & throttle
cables on bikes.  It dries to a white slippery powder that
keeps moisture out.  I use it in my watercrafts which are
exposed to salt water.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12ch8nd1g/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070938873/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=796604190>