Re: [DMCForum] Door pull strap

Yet, at the same time my driver door has the pull strap hole with
plastic cover (strap missing) and the passenger door looks like it has
been recovered and had the hole covered over (hole visible with it off)

Samuel

Louie Golden wrote:

>The straps that attach to the arm rest are for later cars than the ones
that looped through the door pull. My VIN 5252, Darren Decker's VIN 5000,
and Bill Robertson's VIN 5939 all have the straps that loop through the
door handle... so that's what is proper for your car. I think the figure
you quoted about the arm rest door straps is right... they start at around
VIN 6000. -Louie

>--- Samuel <samuel_yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I was looking over some papers and am trying to figure out what is
>proper for my car. I have 5096. The driver side door has the piece in
>place to have the strap into the armrest but the strap is gone. The
>passenger side has the strap with the loop going into the handle, but
>with the armrest off, you can see where a strap would be attached (as
>the hole in the armrest for it and was covered over). The passenger side
>was also in an accident at some point (broken glass and other evidence
>of things fixed). From papers I see, the strap attached to the armrest
>started around 5992.
>
>Any thoughts on which is proper for my car? I tend to think it would be
>the straps attached to the armrest, instead of looping in the handle.
>but I dont have a way of truely knowing of course.
>
>Samuel
>

>PS, Walt, I think I know why the inside door gasket is destroyed on the
>passenger side, door is out of alignment. The front of the door hits on
>the front pin, and it isnt centered on the pin but rubs on the edge.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cg7p4eu/M=271604.4220417.5436044.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070852441/A=1876148/R=0/*http://ads.pulsetv.com
/al/a?aid=4730&ent=1454> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=271604.4220417.5436044.1261774/D=egroupm