From: "Jim Strickland" <ihaveanaccount@xxxxxxxx>
To: <DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2003 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: Fuel system WAS: Re: [DMCForum] So

Hm, I don't think so; this is why there are "rising rate fuel pressure
regulators".  They raise the return fuel pressure linearly under boost to
increase the fuel to the engine.  The computer doesn't know or care about
this increase except when it detects something wrong at the oxygen
sensor.

I think you are right that it matters more in a mechanical system where
the fuel pressure is more important.

Jim

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:24:07 -0500 "Andrei Cular" <acular@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> It is important, however the mechanical POS system on the D is much
> more
> sensitive to the slightest imbalance. If any little things goes out
> you will
> be walking home.  Where when you have a electronic system the
> computer is
> usually able to compensate for the change and get you home.
>

> Andrei

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cqbkre1/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070719070/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=397809303>