[DMCForum] Re: New Handbrake Controversy

[DMCForum] Re: New Handbrake Controversy

I think that the term "hand brake" is more popular in most
of Europe (including England which somehow thinks it is on a
continent of it's own) than it is in the US because some of
those countries don't allow it to be foot operated.

In my SUV (stupid unnecessary vehicle), my "hand brake" is
on the floor, and I can only reach it easily with my left
rear hoof (or is it a paw?  I do wear a hoof-like prosthesis
= a shoe?)  So I can't very well call it a "hand brake".
Maybe a foot brake?  It doesn't sound right to call it an
"emergency brake" if you use it only because you don't trust
a manual tranny to hold the vehicle still while parking.
Then it should be called a parking brake unless, of course,
it can be hand operated and then you would call it a hand
brake.

I vote that we start calling it a paw brake because that
pretty well covers both hands & feet unless you have hooves.
Oh, this is just getting way too complicated.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cf7bda5/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070601527/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=228172541>