Re: [DMCForum] Re: DML rejection of DMCForum

Re: [DMCForum] Re: DML rejection of DMCForum

I don't think that any one organization has saved or significantly costed
the marque.  If organization X didn't do it, someone else would have if
there was a reasonably market for it.

Personally, I don't know shiznit about the DOA.  The DML is ok, but 90%
of the time reiterates information that's already in the manual or
readily available on the web.  This Forum serves almost no purpose but
comraderie (or mutual hatred), so that's cool with me.

Jim

On Tue, 2 Dec 2003 08:29:37 -0800 (PST) Louie Golden <louie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> I think you guys are a little hard on the DML and DOA. Those who bash
> Dave Swingle have never met him... he's a truly nice guy. His not
> wanting to cross advertize groups is not something for his own ego,
> but instead for what he views best for the DeLorean marque. I'm
> betting he thinks another DeLorean group would splinter the DeLorean
> community even more, and make it even more dispersed. What the DML
> and the DOA have going are good things... they unite many thousands
> of DeLorean owners. While we may not all agree with the happenings
> of either group, their intentions are noble, and the positive
> outweighs any negatives that come along.
>
> I inherited several DeLorean Worlds with my new DeLorean, and I just
> don't see what the fuss over the DOA is about. They simply want to
> push people to keep their cars as original as possible in
> APPEARANCE, so that we can have nicely preserved specimens for the
> future. They don't argue against making electrical update changes
> like the Zillas... in fact they encourage people to do such
> necessary modifications for the safety of the driver and car. Their
> pushing people to use DeLorean vendors is to save people money and
> headaches. How many of us here have had our cars worked on by run of
> the mill mechanics, and the car ended up more screwed up than when
> it came in? I'm personally glad there's a group out there that
> pushes originality. Some people refuse to realize that the DeLorean
> car is an important historic relic... and we should attempt and
> preserve them. I've been accused before of being a spokesman for the
> DOA, but I am not now, and have never been a member. If I had money
> falling out of my arse I might pay their $72/year fee... but I can't
> justify that right now. My biggest problem with the DOA is they're
> the "old guard." They try and promote the DeLorean hobby as an
> elitist institution, and anyone who has spent any time in the
> DeLorean community knows it's anything but. The majority of owners
> are young people in their 20s and 30s who have fairly modest
> incomes... they're "average joes."
>
> All I'm saying is that it's so easy to find fault with something
> when you're looking for it. Yes, the DOA and DML have done some
> really shitty things in the past. What I'm trying to point out is
> where would the DeLorean community be today without either? We'd
> sure have a lot of dead DeLoreans, I can assure you of that. I'm
> betting the DeLorean's values would REALLY be in the toilet without
> the DOA. They've provided support for owners during dark periods in
> the '80s when there was no other support. It's easy to bash these
> groups for their fuck ups, I'm just challenging all of you to really
> look at all they've done. -Louie

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Yahoo! Autos. Everything you need to know about buying or selling a car.
FREE Quotes, 360° Tours, Research,
Blue Book, Compare Vehicles, Buy Used
http://us.click.yahoo.com/kEZsdA/bwnGAA/YiGOAA/HliolB/TM