Re: [DMCForum] Re: DML rejection of DMCForum

Re: [DMCForum] Re: DML rejection of DMCForum

I think you guys are a little hard on the DML and DOA. Those who bash Dave
Swingle have never met him... he's a truly nice guy. His not wanting to
cross advertize groups is not something for his own ego, but instead for
what he views best for the DeLorean marque. I'm betting he thinks another
DeLorean group would splinter the DeLorean community even more, and make
it even more dispersed. What the DML and the DOA have going are good
things... they unite many thousands of DeLorean owners. While we may not
all agree with the happenings of either group, their intentions are noble,
and the positive outweighs any negatives that come along.

I inherited several DeLorean Worlds with my new DeLorean, and I just don't
see what the fuss over the DOA is about. They simply want to push people
to keep their cars as original as possible in APPEARANCE, so that we can
have nicely preserved specimens for the future. They don't argue against
making electrical update changes like the Zillas... in fact they encourage
people to do such necessary modifications for the safety of the driver and
car. Their pushing people to use DeLorean vendors is to save people money
and headaches. How many of us here have had our cars worked on by run of
the mill mechanics, and the car ended up more screwed up than when it came
in? I'm personally glad there's a group out there that pushes originality.
Some people refuse to realize that the DeLorean car is an important
historic relic... and we should attempt and preserve them. I've been
accused before of being a spokesman for the DOA, but I am not now, and
have never been a member. If I had money falling out of my arse I might
pay their $72/year fee... but I can't justify that right now. My biggest
problem with the DOA is they're the "old guard." They try and promote the
DeLorean hobby as an elitist institution, and anyone who has spent any
time in the DeLorean community knows it's anything but. The majority of
owners are young people in their 20s and 30s who have fairly modest
incomes... they're "average joes."

All I'm saying is that it's so easy to find fault with something when
you're looking for it. Yes, the DOA and DML have done some really shitty
things in the past. What I'm trying to point out is where would the
DeLorean community be today without either? We'd sure have a lot of dead
DeLoreans, I can assure you of that. I'm betting the DeLorean's values
would REALLY be in the toilet without the DOA. They've provided support
for owners during dark periods in the '80s when there was no other
support. It's easy to bash these groups for their fuck ups, I'm just
challenging all of you to really look at all they've done. -Louie

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team
wins! Free limited-time trial at
http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cgrnrk2/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070468986/A=1853618/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178338&partid=4116719> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853618/rand=730090966>