Re: [DMCForum] So

Andrei, I'm curious to see your fuel pump arrangement.  I
definitely plan to do something different with mine.  After
driving less than 80 miles highway today from a full tank of
fuel, the pump was grumbling/buzzing/screaming.  I'm sure
this is due to excessive fuel temperature.  I'm probably
going to install a fuel cooler on the return line and then
consider mounting the fuel pump lower and outside the tank.
I think that part of the problem is that the pump is already
mounted too high.  (Not to mention that those crappy fuel
pump boots are not acceptable.)  So if you are mounting
yours even higher (on the fire wall) then I would expect
problems.  My strategy is to make a new tank out of
stainless steel, put a nipple going out the bottom back
which would have a flexible fuel line attached.  Then the
fuel pump would be mounted inside the frame next to the
accumulator.  These frames are already made with holes in
the right places for this to work.  And I hear Volkswagen
Beetles use a similar arrangement.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12cc05d69/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1070167472/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116730> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=871236265>