[DMCForum] Re: damage to Rich A's radiator

[DMCForum] Re: damage to Rich A's radiator

I think road salt got you. Side tank clamp is thinnest metal under car
and is just inches above pavement.

Compare to closing plate, damaged but hanging in there.

BTW: you forgot to mention most significant member of team -- Mike's
daughter. More enthusiastic than 4 of us combined. Willing to stay up
PAST 3:00 am. ONLY OTHER PERSON WHO RAISE A FUSS EVERY TIME GARAGE
DOOR WAS OPENED TO COLD OUTDOORS. And she may be cuter than any of us.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> "near" is a relative term. Um...not really. The long "clamp" that
> seals the tank to the metal part was badly corroded.
>
> RIch
>
> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "timnagin" <timnagin@xxxx> wrote:
> > >1. Removed my blown out radiator. The RH tank has seperated from
> the tubes.
> >
> > Sounds like a fun time actually.  I can't wait to see the pictures.
> >
> > I don't remember if I asked this before, but do you think this
> could have
> > happened due to the work you had done on the crumple tube?  Was
> there any
> > welding done near the part that failed?
> >
> > Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512