[DMCForum] Vendor Warning

OK, I may regret posting this later, but I'm fuming now so here I go. I've
had some bad experiences with Bob Miller, a small time vendor/service guy
here in NC. It all started in June when I sent the car to him to have my
Dakota Digital Dash removed. We agreed his payment would be the digital
dash, which brand new cost over $900. To those who watch eBay, my dash was
sold by him on ebay within the last couple of weeks by him for over $500.
When I FINALLY got the car back from him, 3 months after I dropped it off,
he slapped me with a $350 bill (this is already AFTER I sent him $100).
Something like $180 for labor, and at least $50 of parts. He did other
work to the car as well, but he charged additional labor for the dash when
we agreed that the dash was his payment for the gague swap. I provided him
with the original gagues from my car and everything. I can honestly say I
don't think the amount of time it took him to remove that dash was worth
$700.

To top things off, on multiple occasions he told me the car would be ready
on a certain weekend, and I would drop my plans for that weekend and drive
2 hours to my parents house to stay, so I could pick up the car (his shop
is within an hour of their house). I would call him repetedly, leave
messages all weekend long, and end up having to give up and drive back to
school never hearing from him. It usually turned out that he'd call me
sometime the following week and apologize. I don't care if the car's going
to take longer, but his dishonesty cost me my time... I'm a senior in
college with a job... my time is kind of at a premium.

He's done other stuff too. I contacted him after I totalled my old
DeLorean, and he wanted to sell me a car. So he told me to come down a
certain weekend, and I did so. You can guess the results. This time he
called me later that evening after I was back at school, apologizing
saying that he didn't want me to look at the car today, it wasn't cleaned
up. You can guess how mad this made me. This made me wash my hands of him,
and vow never to support his business again.

My latest misadventures with him is why I'm posting this. After I totalled
my old DeLo, I had about 6-7 people contact me about buying the car. I
promised it to the FIRST list member who contacted me, and let everyone
else know that they're in line in for the car behind him. Bob was the
sixth or seventh person to contact me. He kept trying repetedly to get me
to sell the car out from underneath the buyer who I had promised it to,
which I absolutely would not do. Today I was contacted by the buyer I
promised the car to, and he said the car was up for auction, and he
couldn't make it and had to pull out. Since the car already had bids being
placed on it, and would be sold by Monday, I decided to just go ahead and
post the car to the lists. I did this because it would waste time going
down the list and confirmind/crossing off interested parties. I wanted to
make sure the car would go to someone in the DeLorean community. Keep in
mind, I haven't owned VIN 10115 for about a month now, it's been the
property of Federated Mutual Insurance. So I get an email from Bob today
chewing me out saying that I had promised the car to him, and asking me
where my values were. Needless to say, I'm pissed. I don't like airing my
dirty laundry in public, but I don't tolerate being jerked around, and I
sure as hell don't want to see anyone else get screwed over by him. This
isn't a post saying to boycott Bob Miller, it is just a buyer beware. He
often sells stuff on ebay, he's out of Durham, NC; and you can see his
advertisements in Hemmings with the phone number (919)383-6187. His
company is Miller and Sons Automotive. Just wanted to give you all a
head's up. -Louie

Pre-order the updated second edition of  "DeLorean: Stainless Steel
Illusion" now! Details <a href="http://www.stainless-steel-illusion.com";
target="_blank">here!</a>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=620476626>