[DMCForum] Re: CPR compared to choke plate (Rich A)

[DMCForum] Re: CPR compared to choke plate (Rich A)

CPR basically performs same purpose as choke plate on a carburetor.

Have you ever driven a carb with manfunctioning choke spring
(electric)? Behaves just like your symptoms: coughing and sputtering
AFTER warmed up.

Radiant engine heat alone won't open electric choke spring.

Your counter pressure may be too LOW. Problem wouldn't be element --
would be pressure plate not closing by element, radiant heat, whatever.

Are you sure mixture isn't too rich after warm up?

Easy test would be to lean up CO2 screw AFTER engine warm. Count your
revolutions (PARTIAL revolutions) and you'll be OK to put back.

Pull plugs to look for soot deposits.

How does radiant engine heat compare to Mike C's -- remember, rich
mixture burns cooler than lean one.

Have you visually observed spray pattern from each injector? Is
possible to do so even with engine running by plugging empty injector
port.

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cruznmd" <racuti1@xxxx> wrote:
> The warm-up (control pressure) regulator is mounted on the engine.
> The power plug to the regulator only powers a simple heating element
> to heat the bi-metal strip to bend against a spring, thereby
> increasing the control pressure against the plunger when the car -
> should- be warmed up.
>
> People have asked me if the car runs well when cold, then crappy when
> it warms up, suggesting that the CPR may be clogged or faulty.
>
> This is exactly what happened this morning, except that I -
> purposefully- left the wire unplugged so that it would keep giving me
> extra fuel by keeping control pressure at the -cold- setting. When
> cool, the engine ran GREAT. I had good power.
>
> When the engine warmed up some miles down the road, the car started
> burping and starving again.
>
> Question: Is it possible for radiant engine heat to warm up the CPR,
> giving me the same effect as though I had the wire plugged in?
>
> ...and before you even ask, a fuel pressure test rig is on the way.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Rich

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116719.5338353.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1754451/R=0/SIG=11tpj98m3/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6