Re: [DMCForum] SS heatshields?

I can not answer your question directly but I do know the following.

1. Stainless steel is heat resistant (according to most pages I found
searching around on google), hence it's good usage in the food industry
2. According to
http://www.matweb.com/search/SpecificMaterial.asp?bassnum=Q316P the V4A
stainless steel (the stainless heat shield i'm aware of is made of v4a)
has extremely high temperature points for the surface air temperature.

Maybe someone else can be a bit more specific but I tend to think the
stainless heat shield will work well. Walt has the sandwhich version and
it is working so far.

Samuel

Louie Golden wrote:

>A while back at the SEDOC meet Ken Koncelik was telling me to get rid of
my stainless heatshield. He said that it actually radiated heat instead of
deflecting it. Is this true? If so I've got no problem replacing it with
asbestos... but if not that's $50 that could go towards something else in
the car.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tpoan5t/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178324&partid=4116732> click here