[DMCForum] Goodies for Walt

Re: catalytic converter: fixed by gutting it. Is now just a hollow
shell -- basically a resonating chamber. Would have gotten local
muffler house to bend a replacement pipe but they couldn't match 4
bolt flange on Y pipe.

Have you ever felt temperature of exhaust system without converters?
Difference of night vs day. Converters reach temps of 700-800 degrees.
Rediculous.

Re: old fashioned Ford A/C -- meters freon with a device called
"suction throttling valve." Is keyed to low side suction, not high
side pressure. Only had one stopped up with crap (cleaned out by
blowing air backwards), all others work flawlessly. Compressor never
cycles. Accumulator fed from bottom of condensor. Bit different from
DeLo (which I think is very close to GM), but works like a charm.

Every vehicle I own burns R134 now. Have excellent results with the
stuff. Plus I buy $3 per can by the case (only 1 Lincoln totally
tight. DeLo leaks at least one can annually too).
Did you see pic of melted spark plugs in other group? Am waiting for
someone over there to give me a bunch of "high voltage ignition" crap
without noticing passenger back (same coil -- duh) is beautiful.
Problem was additional air from vacuum leak. Moved HVAC mode
switch/brake booster line to driver intake rail to catch more easily
if it ever happens again (even with my small diameter fuel lines plugs
4-6 are a pain to remove).

Spent all day working on Lincolns (two out of service), not DeLo! Was
pure heaven!

Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=267637.4116730.5333196.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1754452/R=0/SIG=11tn6fnpm/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6