[DMCForum] A/C hose crimping

Does anyone know of an economical means of crimping on new a/c hoses?
This
is what Snap-on sells, but it's a bit expensive.  The only hoses I need to
crimp are the ones at the compressor.  The rest I can have done by Amazon
Hose & Rubber when they rebuild the fittings.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=
<http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/pro_det.asp?P65=&tool=all&item_ID=56870&gr
oup> &tool=all&item_ID=56870&group
_ID=13998&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

They way I have done it before is to thread the new hoses through at home
and then drive the car (without a/c!) to Amazon where they can crimp them
on
the car.  I would rather be able to do the final crimps at home.  The
other
alternatives:
Lifting the body off the frame. (too much work)
Using restrictive adaptor fittings. (not as nice of a job)
Bending the bottom lip of the frame to get the new hoses in. (violates the
Hippocratic oath)

I'll post some photos soon of the crimping tool that Amazon used.  It
looks
more like a bicycle tire pump.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=243273.4089246.5300282.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1750744/R=0/SIG=129rfutnb/*http://servedby.advertising.com/click
/site=552006/bnum=1067475711149504> Click to learn more...

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=243273.4089246.5300282.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1750744/rand=321375776>