Re: [DMCForum] Re: EFI by Jim vin 6147

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 11:05:25 +0100 Martin Gutkowski
<webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> >Are you implying that the 295 ft-lb of torque from the lotus v8tt
> isn't a
> >lot?
> >
> Power is torque times speed. A turbo lump produces considerably more
> power up in the rev range  where the boost develops. My point is that
> the torque is not available with a "bang", it increases smoothly and
> does not shock the transmission.

HP=torque*RPM/5252 .  Nothing to do with speed.  Turbos are made for
torque, not horsepower.  The efficiency of a turbo is mapped and the
implementor can decide what RPM range the turbo will be most efficient.
Also it depends on where the turbo pressure sensor is placed to determine
the responsiveness of the engine.  The v8tt happens to reach peak torque
at 4250.  This doesn't mean that it can't be 4249 at 1000rpm.  It's still
a 3.5L V8 before the turbo.  Only a dyno chart would really say.

> >With the problems with the input shaft on the Delorean, the LSD
> >would just make things worse.
> >
> Why? Does it take more torque to slip one wheel twice as fast as the
>
> transmission is turning, or both wheels at the same speed?

I would think that it, *assuming* 100% coupling, it would take more
torque to spin two wheels vs. spin one wheel.  Of course, if the PRV
can't spin any wheels, this is irrelavent.  I really don't remember,
having fired that POS years ago.

Jim

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3856299.5103760.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512