[DMCForum] Re: Trailing Arm Bolts

If anyone "loses" a trailing arm bolt you will most likely be calling
them an ambulance and a wrecker.

Though I suppose if you were at a tech social where everyone was
poking into everyone else's car and found a guy who was -about- to
snap a bolt it would be very timely of you to have a spare.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> Finally got around to installing my Toby Peterson Super Duper Bolts.
> Lessons learned:
>
> Support car on ramps rather than jack stands. Only way I could keep
> bolts from binding was to jack free wheels closer to normal road
stance.

> After 20,000 miles original 10.9 bolts were almost 100% straight and
> had only slight surface rust on trailing arm surface (frame bushing
> area totally clear. And my car came from NJ/PA). If you missed last
> production run wouldn't sweat it -- am sure the 12.9's John Hervey
> sells are more than adequate. Walt Coe also personally sells a heavy
> grade replacement in conjunction with Martin Gutkowski.
>
> These bolts are VERY small diameter compared to a major domestic
> luxury car manufacturer than shall remain nameless.
>
> Will bring my originals to Fall Foliage if anyone wants to see what
> 20,000 miles looks like. Am planning to bring on all future caravans
> just in case someone loses one in transit.
>
> Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1706996/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here