RE: [DMCForum] The 2nd to last straw

I think one thing that people forget when buying a DeLorean is the cost
factor and education.  One can get screwed and pay a good price for a
lemon
piece of shit car.  I for one have not hit the magic price number of a
"perfect" DeLorean yet and have had no trouble.  I mean aside from simple
maintainence and a bit of restoration work which I feel is necessary on
any
20+ year old car.  What pisses me off a bit is those who run out
uneducated
or get caught up in the outside looks of a DeLorean (which right there is
part of the problem, even 20+ years old they look new) and then whine
about
how much work they are simply because they did not get the right car.
Lets
all go out and shop for a 1981 Mustang, or Corvette and see how well we
fair.  I think people have a problem putting these cars in their proper
category - NOT NEW!!!  Geez man what do you want out of that old of a car?

Owning a classic car is work, lets face it.  I own a 130 year old house
and
the previous owner gave me a bit of advice when we bought it.  He said 3
words - maintain, maintain, maintain....  That's how I look at my 20+ year
old DeLorean.

Just my 2 cents, hope I didn't piss anyone else off lol

_______________________________
Jack Stiefel - Radio Cape Vincent
Live Internet Radio at http://www.radiocapevincent.com
Take a trip to the historic http://www.sacketmansion.com