[DMCForum] Unseating the piston liners

I wanted to wait and comment on my fuck-up until after I changed the oil
once the car was put back together.

Last night I warmed up the engine and changed the oil. It's been 150 or so
miles since I put the new oil in and I wanted to check for coolant before
did the BTTF conversion this week. The oil came out as clean and
coolant-free as the day I put it in, which was a major relief. I was
pretty
sure I'd be okay but I wanted to make sure.

I think I now know why they the manuals say to not to unseat them. The
Volvo
says that it "can" allow coolant to get into the oil. Naturally this would
be the case if you had a web block and you did that, all the coolant would
go right down into the oil pan. And, there's always the chance that
something could get between the liner and the block, causing a gap. To me,
these statements are more of a CYA (cover your ass) for the professionals.

Both Rich and I have battled this demon and come back unscathed.

Now please, no flaming. This is only my opinion...

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1754016/R=0/SIG=11pv1u2ju/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30529&media=atkins> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupm