still good i think.

I didnt want to borrow a relay i wanted to know if anyone had a working
used relay they didnt want.

#7 fuse (20Amp) is good.

I jumped the RPM relay and no clicking or power to the Frequency valve.

I applied battery power to the Frequency valve and it works.

I checked the Lambda relay and it was bad.

All contacts for the Lambda relay socket are tight.

I put the relay back in its socket with out the relays protective cover
to see if any thing moved or clicked and nothing happend at idle or at
mid to high throttle.

I put the protective cover back on the relay and put it back in the
socket till the new relay arrives.

I am not an electrical genius so thats why i asked so many questions
about the Lambda computer burning out the relay.

I decided to order a new relay.

Mark

checksix3 wrote:

>  >>But could the Lambda computer be burning out the relay thats why i
> wanted a used relay to test it first!<<
>
> Yikes, you be seriously lost here. No, it's not possible for the
> computer to "burn" out the relay, at least the coil. And I doubt
> it could burn out the contacts without blowing a fuse. The chances of
> this are nill.
>
> The relay powers the computer, not vice versa. The Lambda relay is
> powered by the RPM relay. If you're sure the relay is dead just buy
> another.
>
> The failure mode I was asking about is the relay's. The coil is
> supposed to be "shorted". There are only two failure modes on a relay:
>
> the contacts or the coil. Based on what you said the relay sounds bad
> but I'd like to know in what manner it failed, coil or contact.
>
> To test your system jumper the rpm relay *and* the lambda relay.
> Your FV should work. If it doesn't you have other problems.
>
> And even if the computer *could* burn out the relay (which it can't),
> you want to do that with someone's borrowed relay?

                         [click here]

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1732163/R=0/SIG=11n0nglqg/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30510&media=zone> click here