[DMCForum] Carbureted PRV

Now THAT's progess if I ever heard of it!

Where would you put carb? If water pump wasn't in the way would be
easy to engineer something in place of U pipes. Could even use stock
accelerator cable.

Would have to turn sideways to fit between intake rails. Might still
be too tall (Vortec conversions cut hole in engine cover for air
cleaner). More complicated adapter to intake rails, but still possible.

Didn't Dave Stragand just stick on top of air sensor orifice?

This has definite potential. My carbureted vehicles are SO trouble
free. Is really rather boring. Set 'em up one time and nothing to do
for next 100,000 miles.

BTW: does anybody know what PRV engineers had against air supply? Has
to go around the world just to get into engine. Whatever you do, don't
make it easy for poor thing to breathe. Can't be vaunted "fuel drop"
because mix occurs just before valves.

Bill Robertson
5 Carbureted Lincolns
1 Carbureted AMC
1 Carbureted Truck
1 Fuel Injected DeLorean
Guess which one sucks up all my time, energy, and patience...

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
>
> So Gary, what happens if you connect it back-ass-wards (ass
backwards)?  I
> did mine according to the schematic and it seems to be fine.  Engine
still
> doesn't run perfect, though.  I am on my 3rd fuel distributor, 3rd
set of
> new injectors and 2nd CPR.  It is really hard to find a combination of
> injectors & distributor that sprays the same amount all the time.
I'm ready
> to put a carburetor on there!
>
> Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512