[DMCForum] Re: Timing and Idle correlation

[DMCForum] Re: Timing and Idle correlation

Hm. Dang, was it you asking which terminals to hook the dwell meter
up to? I forgot to answer that post. I don't have the book in front
of me, but it was either 1 and 2 or 2 and 3.

Not everyone's socket is in the bracket the same way. The way mine is
oriented, it's the 2 farthest left contacts and they are the 2
farthest away from you. In other words there's 3 per column and the
one contact closest to you is not used during this procedure. If you
hook up and the needle doesn't move just reverse them. One of them is
only a ground and you can just ground to the block if you want (or so
I've been told).

There's that and a few other things you can check for this. Throttle
linkage retracting all the way? Cable isn't getting hung up at the
end is it? You heard how Walt's car was idling around 2200 because
his idle thermistor plug came off or somesuch.

In fact, I believe it was checksix who pointed Walt in that
direction. He has seems to have all the answers. You should probably
ask him. My skills in any field are poor at best and apparently
people on the list just laugh at me behind my back anyway.

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Travis Goodwin <tgoodwin@xxxx> wrote:
> There ain't a chance the dizzy is loose. I can't even get the nut
off. Hell,
> I'm afraid of breaking it off... I just know I am going to have to
take the
> damn intake off to adjust it too. That chaps my ass.
>
> The advance solenoid is connected. I get good advance and pretty
good
> acceleration all around, it's just got that bit of hesitation I can
feel
> when I put the hammer down (cause I'm east bound and down).

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595056/R=0/SIG=124p07ne0/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595056> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595056/rand=627937326>