[DMCForum] Re: Alternator

Mine was totally siezed when I bought my car. I just had it rebuilt
instead of buying a re-man or new one. It was about 1/3 of the cost.

Now I know that everyone says that they're underpowered but my volt
meter never goes below 13 even when running the cooling fans and the
passenger blower. Granted I haven't fixed my A/C yet but I'm just not
seeing it.

Of course the fellow that rebuilt it may have beefed it up but he
didn't say "boo" to me about it.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxx>
wrote:
> Ok, so today I have had it confirmed I have the original Ducellier
alternator on my D, and it is ill, well not to well and frail.....
> New one needed ASAP.
>
> Cheeky question has to be can some one tell me a make and part
number to replace it with I want to buy one this side of the
Atlantic. Shipping the weight of an alternator from the US to the UK
is not cheep, especially if the vendor wants the old one or there is
a core charge to pay....

> Failing that is there anyone over here in the UK that has one spare
I could purchase, obviously I don't want to replace it with another
under powered Ducellier.

> Thanks
> Paul

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3760361.5018013.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512