Re: [DMCForum] Martin G's glove box...

I scratch my head over it every time I do one of these sods. It does not
go together in a way that suggests it was meant to. The way I work it
out each time is to undo the bit at the bottom the latch clips into
(mounted with a short self-tapping screw) and with that in your hand,
work out how it attaches to the catch. You then have only so many
possibilities for mounting it

BTW headlights arrived, they're fantastic and match the Hella units we
get beautifully - thanks for all your help, Greg

Martin

timnagin wrote:

>>The torsion spring is the easy bit, it's the latch that drove me up the
>>wall...
>>

>Do you have any more details?  When my car was delivered I opened the lid
>only to leave it open for a few days as it would not latch back.
Apparently
>the previous owner was trying to diagnose this as well since the knee
>bolster has been removed.  I finally got it to stay shut by pushing up on
>the lower section while slamming it shut with a few choice words.
>
>Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259538.3760361.5018013.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1712983/R=0/SIG=11u38u3s2/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/hit?pa
ge=1374-105951838331032> click here