[DMCForum] Re: Fuel requirements

Laughed at you? No way. It's good info. I'm glad you pulled it out.

So far I have 3 people telling me the lower octanes are acceptable.
I just filled it with 93, but at least I know I don't -have- to
anymore.

I'll probably run the cheapest fuel and then mid-grade and see which
gets me further in mileage.

Thanks,

Rich
--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Andrei Cular" <acular@xxxx> wrote:
> Octane is rated in two different units, RON (Research Octane
Number) and MON
> (Motor Octane Number).  In the US pumps are (RON+MON)/2 which is
not a true
> octane rating is often called the anti-knock index.  RON is usually
about 10
> points higher than the MON rating.
>
> So if the car requires 91 RON that would be the same as 86
(RON+MON)/2

> I knew this Bosh hand book would come in handy, and everyone
laughed at me
> when I pulled it out of the dumpster.
>

> Andrei

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1595054/R=0/SIG=124ukap9t/*http://ashnin.com/clk/muryutaitakenat
togyo?YH=3707890&yhad=1595054> Click Here!

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=244522.3707890.4968055.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1595054/rand=152545205>